Due to overwhelming response, this event is now full.
It has been almost two years since the Dodd-Frank Act was signed into law and the financial sector is only beginning to feel the effects of some of its new requirements. Despite looming or, in some cases, already missed statutory deadlines, only some of the hundreds of necessary implementing regulations have been finalized. Over the next several months, the regulators are expected to issue additional proposals and finalize others.
Following the enactment of the Dodd-Frank Act, Mayer Brown has hosted annual seminars for financial services clients focusing on the key business and compliance issues associated with this complex law.
We will host our third annual seminar on June 26 in New York City. Please mark your calendar to join us for an overview of some of the most significant developments of the last year as well as a preview of what’s to come in the next few months. During this complimentary seminar, we will address topics including:
- Implementation of the Volcker Rule, including practical implications of the Federal Reserve’s recent conformance period guidance
- Developments in derivatives regulation
- Important new prudential requirements, including enhanced capital and other standards applicable to systemically significant institutions
- The Dodd-Frank Act’s impact on securitization
- The role of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and its recent activities
- Related extraterritorial, cross-border, and international issues arising in connection with these various requirements
CLE credit is pending. The program includes continental breakfast and lunch and there is no charge to attend.
Sentry Midtown East
730 Third Avenue, 17th Floor
(Between 45th & 46th Streets)
New York, New York 10017
For additional information, please contact Jean Shim at +1 202 263 3885 or firstname.lastname@example.org.