The European Commission has proposed that a single data protection law should be introduced to substantially enhance data protection compliance throughout the European Union. If enacted, this will result in a single, tougher set of data protection rules that will apply across Europe, replacing the differing data protection rules enacted in each EU Member State at the moment. On the plus side, businesses will only have to answer to a single national data protection authority in the European country in which they have their main establishment, rather than each authority in every Member State in which they are based. On the minus side, businesses will have to take on additional responsibilities and face heavy fines in the case of non-compliance.
Please join Mayer Brown partner Mark Prinsley along with associates Oliver Yaros and Isabel Simon as they discuss the proposed changes, including how they may impact EU businesses and what can be expected for implementation. Topics to be covered during the webinar include:
- An overview of the proposals
- Steps organizations will need to take in order to comply with the new law
- The potential impacts on EU-based and non-EU-based organizations
- Policymakers’ rationales for the reforms
- Next steps for the approval and implementation of the new law, the expected time frame as well as the potential opportunity for changes to the proposed legislation
10:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. CST, HKT
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. CEST
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. BST
10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. EDT
9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. CDT
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. MDT
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. PDT
Instructions for accessing the program will be sent prior to the event.
For additional information, please contact Rebecca Stoner at +1 312 701 8732 or firstname.lastname@example.org.