Wells Fargo Securities and Mayer Brown invite you to join us for a lunch seminar to learn about current trends in shareholder activism and corporate defense.
No one is immune to shareholder activism
- Hostile activity and shareholder activism continue to escalate
- More than 150 activist-nominated directors were elected in 2010 and 2011
- Dissident success rate in proxy fights has been increasing
- Increasing trend of settlements with activists
- New fundraising strategies and "stealth" tactics
- Efforts to force a sale or return of capital to shareholders likely to increase
- 75% of activism is targeted at small-cap and mid-cap companies
- Learn who the "Activists" are
- Key characteristics of activist targets
- What are their objectives?
- Learn their "Playbook"
Date & Time
February 28, 2012
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Mayer Brown LLP
71 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
Please visit wellsfargo.com/com/securities.