Why you should attend
As the securitization world begins to emerge from the credit crunch, it faces an onslaught of new regulation and uncertainty. Many transactions have been downgraded and have suffered unforeseeable losses. Additionally, investor confidence in structured products has been badly shaken. Moreover, many transactions have been subject to restructurings and litigation of various types. Will these reforms be sufficient to restore investor confidence?
At this program, you will receive an intensive and comprehensive introduction and update on what solutions are being pursued in the market and what legislative and regulatory actions and initiatives are underway.
Learn about new legislative and regulatory developments:
- Financial regulatory, securitization and derivatives reform, including Dodd-Frank implementation and rulemaking, and Reg AB II
- FDIC securitization safe harbor reforms
- FAS 166/167 and other accounting changes
- The impact of Basel III
- Rating agency reform; changes in rating agency criteria
- Structured products litigation update
Learn about solutions being pursued in the market and new areas of opportunity:
- Resurgent asset classes and related opportunities
- Vehicle restructurings
- Other financing options
- Resolving disputes between classes of the same issue
- Government sponsored and esoteric ABS
New York Partner, Stuart Litwin will speak on Day 2 on an afternoon panel entitled, “New Developments in Traditional ABS (Auto, Equipment Loan and Lease, Student Loan and Credit Card Securitizations).” For more information and to register, please click here.