Since the start of the economic crisis, global economic recovery has been dampened by capital constraints, liquidity problems, falling credit ratings and rising default rates. As a result, the number of transatlantic and cross-border restructuring disputes has risen across the financial services, real estate, automotive and retail sectors, among others.
Please join our Mayer Brown partners Howard Beltzer, Ashley Katz, Devi Shah, Robert Stoll and Marco Wilhelm as they discuss current topics in German, US and UK insolvency law. Topics addressed will include:
- Proposed German Insolvency Law Reform
- An Update on Recent Cross-Border US Chapter 15 Cases
- A Look at Recent Events and Lessons Learned in the US Lehman Bankruptcy Proceedings
- US Chapter 9 Municipal Bankruptcies
- Choosing the UK as an Insolvency Forum: Schemes of Arrangement and COMI
Date & Time
Thursday, 15 September 2011
5:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Registration
5:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. Presentation
Drinks and canapés to follow
Mayer Brown International LLP
London EC2M 3AF
CPD credit will be offered.
For additional information, please contact Caroline Larson at firstname.lastname@example.org.