The SEC and various regulators have issued a much anticipated set of proposed rules requiring securitization sponsors to retain a portion of the credit risk in the assets that they securitize. Please join partners Brad Keck and Kevin Hawken as they address the proposed risk retention regulations under the Dodd-Frank Act, including comparison with the European risk retention rules that went into effect at the beginning of this year.
- General Definitions and Scope of Dodd-Frank
- Exemptions from Retaining Risk
- How to Satisfy Risk Retention
- Impact of the Rules on the Securitization Market
- Comparison and Intersection with EU CRD Article 122a
Of Related Interest
Mayer Brown's Global Financial Markets Initiative helps clients deal with the legal and business challenges resulting from the ongoing turbulence in worldwide financial markets. By mobilizing the firm's global resources from multiple practices and offices, the Initiative provides clients with knowledgeable and timely counsel on a broad spectrum of their legal needs.