As the securitization world begins to emerge from the credit crunch, it faces an onslaught of new regulation and uncertainty. Many transactions have been downgraded and have suffered unforeseeable losses and investor confidence in structured products has been badly shaken. Moreover, many transactions have been subject to restructurings and litigation of various types. Will these reforms be sufficient to restore investor confidence?
At this two-day program, you will receive an intensive and comprehensive introduction and update on what solutions are being pursued in the market and what legislative and regulatory actions and initiatives are underway.
What you will learn:
- Learn about new legislative and regulatory developments:
- Financial regulatory, securitization and derivatives reform, including The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- FDIC securitization safe harbor reforms
- FAS 166/167 and other accounting changes
- Structured products litigation update
- Learn about solutions being pursued in the market and new areas of opportunity:
- Distressed asset funds and related opportunities
- Vehicle restructurings
- Other financing options
- Resolving disputes between classes of the same issue
- Government sponsored and esoteric ABS
Chicago partner, Stuart Litwin will be speaking on December 2 during the segment titled “New Developments in Traditional ABS (Auto, Equipment Loan and Lease, Student Loan and Credit Card Securitizations).”
For more information and to register, please click here.