PLI's Federal Civil Practice Update 2010, will discuss and analyze the most important recent developments in federal civil practice, and the impact of these new developments on your clients' cases and strategy.
What You Will Learn
- Recent changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- A practical guide to managing electronic evidence
- New developments in the attorney-client privilege and the work product doctrine:
- Class action litigation: recent Supreme Court and other important decisions, legal strategies that have emerged in the wake of the Class Action Fairness Act, waivers and arbitration
- Strategies for handling civil litigation and concurrent government (regulatory/Department of Justice) investigations
- The views of in-house corporate counsel: keys to a successful relationship with outside litigation counsel
- Alternative dispute resolution: when ADR is the better venue; strategies for winning an arbitration
- Current ethical issues: the lawyer as whistleblower
Chicago partner Z. Scott will be speaking on the Overlapping Civil Litigation and Government (regulatory/Department of Justice) Investigations panel starting at 1:30 P.M.