This two-day conference will provide a comprehensive examination of the issues that often arise in the formation, operation and termination of real estate joint ventures and real estate funds, including in-depth discussions of key economic and business terms found in these vehicles.
The topics in this intensive program include tax considerations, legal structures, governance issues and exit strategies. In addition, the issues arising from the impact of the current wave of distress being experienced by many joint ventures will be scrutinized from both a business and legal perspective, including the need for additional capital, removal of the managing partner, tax issues, and bankruptcy considerations.
What You Will Learn
- The de-leveraging of real estate, resurgence of equity and implications for joint ventures
- Key business and legal terms and structures in real estate joint ventures and funds
- Joint ventures in non-venture formats
- Tax aspects of venture and funds formation and operation
- Delaware Series LLC as a new venture structure
- Dealing with distressed joint ventures and fiduciary duties between partners
- How bankruptcy filing affects the relationship of the members of the joint venture
- Exit strategies, lender issues and transfer restrictions
- Drafting and negotiating tip
Mayer Brown partner Keith Willner will be a featured speaker presenting "Joint Ventures and Their Leaders" scheduled for September 21 at 3:15 pm. This presentation will cover: lender requirements for joint ventures; loan covenants; buy/sell agreements; substitute guaranties; lender approval rights over transfers and change of control; bankruptcy remote entities; and workouts.
Registration - Three easy methods:
Online: Register >>
Phone: +1 800 854 8009
Fax: +1 206 567 5058