The Madison, a Loews Hotel
Sonia Baldia, partner in Mayer Brown's Washington DC Office, will present the session, "Defining The Extent of IP Rights to Grant: Balancing Legal and Business Factors to Protect US Data Rights and Trade Secrets" on Wednesday, June 9th at 4:45 p.m. The session will explore:
- What are Indian government's expectations and requirements regarding the transfer of IP rights
- Complying with US legal and regulatory restrictions limiting the transfer of IP rights
- How Indian regulators treat US IP and data rights
- Drafting effective IP contractual mechanisms to govern the procurement relationship and post-termination
- Statutory patent protections for US defense contractors
- Ownership of new IP resulting from joint ventures: Who owns the newly created IP? Is there de facto ownership of the Indian government or others?
- Available recourse for breach of IP rights, and measuring your chances of success
For more information or to register, please visit: americanconference.com/IndiaProcurement.htm.