To survive in today's fast-paced world, multinational companies are increasingly tasked with understanding the tax implications of business decisions made around the globe. Failing to consider the myriad of options can negatively impact your company's bottom line and, in some cases, viability. In contrast, understanding and correctly using the variety of regulations and tools available can lead to decreased liability and an improved bottom line.
Please join representatives of the Tax Controversy, Transfer Pricing, and Tax Transactions practices from our Europe and Brazil offices for an interactive forum on recent global tax developments.
Europe - Recent legal developments including:
- Europe: one single market or still a puzzle? A look at European tax harmonization, threats and trends
- Recent case experiences of our European offices and European Transfer Pricing Center
- Tax and non-tax issues to consider when seeking expansion into Europe, including local tax issues in selected countries
- Key elements to consider for acquisitions in selected countries
- Transfer pricing method, VAT and customs duties: making the most of the playing field
Brazil - An introduction to Mayer Brown's newest addition, Tauil & Chequer, with offices in Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, and a discussion of:
- Recent developments in Brazilian tax law
- Brazil's new transfer pricing regulations
- Thin capitalization rules
Mayer Brown LLP
New York, NY