Hot Topics for the 2010 Proxy Season
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
The Securities and Exchange Commission has revised disclosure rules that are applicable to proxy statements. The new rules, titled "Proxy Disclosure Enhancements," primarily address disclosures regarding executive compensation (including policies and practices regarding risk management), director qualifications and background, involvement in legal proceedings, governance structure, and compensation consultants. The new rules also require more timely reporting of shareholder meeting results. The new rules are effective February 28, 2010.
Topics to be covered include:
- Addressing the new corporate governance disclosure requirements
- Considerations relating to disclosure of compensation policies and practices relating to risk management
- Changes to the compensation tables
- Requirements for disclosure of compensation consultant fees
- Reporting voting results on Form 8-K
Learn more about our Corporate & Securities practice.
Presentation Audio (MP3)