The number of and reasons for internal investigations continues to rise, and given the current market environment, this trend will no doubt continue. In order to best serve your clients or company and limit exposure, you need to know when and how to conduct effective and legal internal investigations
Richard J. Morvillo, partner in Mayer Brown's DC office, will co-chair the event and moderate the session, "Ethical Traps in Internal Investigations." In addition, Lynn A. Neils, partner in the New York office, will serve as a panelist for the session, "Conducting the Investigation."
Other program topics will include:
- When you should disclose and when you should not
- Who should and shouldn't be involved in the investigation
- When and how to work with outside experts and investigators
- How to deal effectively with auditors
- Communication with media consultants
- Who is the client and who owns the privilege?
- Latest guidance from the Department of Justice on "cooperation" and other issues
For more information and to register, please visit www.pli.edu. CLE credit is available.