The Impact of China's New Enterprise Income Tax Law on M&A Transactions and Advance Pricing Agreements
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. PST
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CST
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. EST
5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. GMT
6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. CET
The Enterprise Income Tax Law, adopted earlier this year, significantly changes the amount of taxes charged to both existing and new, foreign and domestic companies doing business in China. In particular, the new law changes the playing field for M&A transactions in China. In addition to the Enterprise Income Tax Law, the Chinese government is working on a new set of tax rules to govern M&A transactions. The Enterprise Income Tax Law also impacts agreements created by companies to manage tax liabilities, such as transfer pricing, advance pricing and cost sharing agreements.
This webinar will focus on key tax issues for companies doing business in China, including:
- The impact of the new Corporate Income Tax Law on M&A transactions in China
- Major forms and tax consequences of M&A transactions in China
- Likely key provisions of the new M&A tax rules
- M&A planning opportunities in China
- Why a review of your company's China transfer pricing is critical in today's environment
- Whether advance pricing agreements and cost sharing agreements should be a consideration for your company's business operations in China
Ray Dybala, Partner, Chicago. Mr. Dybala is a former Senior Vice President and Director of Worldwide Tax at Motorola, Inc, where he was responsible for directing all aspects of Motorola's worldwide tax function.
Julie Zhang, Partner, Beijing. Ms. Zhang leads our China tax practice, concentrating on tax planning and tax implications of a wide range of PRC and international corporate transactions. Ms. Zhang has substantial experience assisting multinational corporations on tax structuring strategies and offering advice on international taxation to PRC enterprises investing overseas.
CLE and CPD credit is pending.
Instructions for accessing the program will be sent prior to the event.
For additional information please contact LeeAnn Webster at +1 312 701 8185 or email@example.com.