Latest Developments: Update on the US Troubled Asset Relief Program
As implementation of the US Treasury's Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) moves forward, questions have arisen about insurer eligibility to participate and about TARP's implications for executive compensation. Questions also abound regarding the FDIC's Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program.
Please join us for the next teleconference in our continuing series. Topics to be addressed include:
- Insurers and TARP - Could they be eligible? What are the tradeoffs? How can they apply?
- Limits on incentive compensation under TARP
- Loss of employer deductions for compensation exceeding $500,000
- TARP and "Golden Parachutes"
- The FDIC's interim rule for implementing the Temporary Liquidity Guarantee Program
Mayer Brown's Global Financial Markets Initiative helps clients deal with the legal and business challenges resulting from the ongoing turbulence in worldwide financial markets. By mobilizing the firm's global resources from multiple practices and offices, the Initiative provides clients with knowledgeable and timely counsel on a broad spectrum of their legal needs.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. PDT
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. CDT
11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. EDT
3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. GMT
For additional information, please contact:
Megan Filotto at email@example.com or +1 312 701 7264.