Latest Developments: Update on Implementing the US Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP)
Thursday, October 16, 2008
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. PDT
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. CDT
11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. EDT
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. BST
Government action to shore up financial markets and strengthen market confidence continues with several recent developments under the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008. Using part of the $700 billion provided by legislation, the US government has made a landmark decision to make direct investments in financial institutions.
As part of our continuing series, please join us for this important teleconference that will discuss topics including:
- Capital investments in financial institutions
- FDIC guarantees of bank obligations and deposits
- Restrictions on executive compensation
- Treasury guaranty program for troubled assets
- Treasury contracting developments
For additional information, please contact:
Megan Filotto at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 312 701 7264.
Please visit us at www.mayerbrown.com.