Short Sale Developments - US and UK Perspective
After a flurry of activity from regulators on both sides of the Atlantic regarding short sales, many market participants are scrambling to adjust their respective trading practices accordingly. Please join us for a recap of the major events and the key legal issues that have been raised by these recent regulatory actions.
In this 30-minute briefing, Mayer Brown partners will provide an analysis of the issues relating to:
- Emergency orders from US Securities and Exchange Commission
- Naked short selling rules
- Short sale halt in equities of financial services firms
- Filing requirements - new form SH
- Guidance from the UK Financial Services Authority
- The prohibition on actively creating net short positions
- Disclosure obligations
- Common queries
We will also summarize some of the strategies that you should be considering to comply with the above-referenced guidance and any future changes in this rapidly changing regulatory environment.
Friday, September 26, 2008
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. PDT
10:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. CDT
11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. EDT
4:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. BST
For additional information, please contact: Somer McBride at email@example.com or +1 202 263 3015.