Product Safety and Liability in the US, EU, and Beyond:How to Address Product Recalls Globally
Date to be announced
Mayer Brown LLP
71 S. Wacker Drive
In recent years, the global impact on companies involved in high profile product recalls has been significant. With expected legislative changes and the possibility of an increase in US-style class actions in Europe, we are seeing a strong change in the consumer product market. Furthermore, the role of the regulators has increased significantly in both the US and the EU, and it is expected that Asian regulators will share the responsibility for increased oversight as well.
Please join us as we compare and contrast the product liability landscape in the US and the EU, and discuss what lies behind the recent increase in product recalls and safety issues. Our program will explore ways in which companies can balance the often competing requirements of satisfying legal obligations in several markets, while co-existing with regulators worldwide. We will also discuss:
- The difference between US and EU regulatory framework
- Recent legislative and regulatory developments in the EU, US and China
- How to comply with expected changes to US product safety regulations
- What expectations exist related to US-style class actions being filed in the EU
- Practical advice for managing litigation risks and handling product safety and recalls
CLE credit is pending.
For additional information, please contact Jean Shim at email@example.com.