China Summit on Anti-Corruption: Implementing Effective Corporate Governance, Transparency and FCPA Compliance Programs(hosted by ACI)
July 15-16, 2008
This China Summit on Anti-Corruption brings together an exceptional faculty of experienced corporate ethics and compliance executives, senior attorneys, forensic accountants and government officials to discuss the complex anti-bribery landscape in China. They will examine the intersection of the FCPA and local Chinese anti-bribery laws and how to implement robust anti-corruption policies in this environment, including:
- Creating a code of conduct that matters in China
- Overcoming cultural and legal challenges in rolling out an anti-corruption compliance program
- Working with state-owned enterprises (SOEs)
- What kinds of gifts are acceptable and in what instances?
- Due diligence: best practices for third party relationships in China
- Who is a "government official" in China?
- Conducting internal investigations in China
Mayer Brown lawyers, David Krakoff and Richard Tollan will be presenting on two separate panels over the 2-day conference.
For more information or to register for the program, please download the program brochure at www.mayerbrown.com/public_docs/chinasummit.pdf