Mayer Brown launched A Global Guide to Employee Data Privacy recently, the latest in our series of global guides, covering 55 key countries in the Americas, Asia and EMEA.
In case you missed it, the guide is a useful resource for employers with operations in more than one country who need to navigate the many challenges of handling employee data in different jurisdictions.
- Key FAQs – covering:
- the application of the GDPR alongside national laws in EU jurisdictions;
- the laws regulating the handling of applicant and employee personal data;
- the requirement to have privacy policies or similar agreements to deal with employee data;
- best practice for retaining employee personal data;
- restrictions on transferring employee data overseas or to third parties;
- sanctions for breaching the relevant laws; and
- potential pitfalls when handling employee data.
- “In Brief” and “In Detail” Guidance – ensuring the guide will be a valuable starting point, providing both quick reference and more substantive content across the jurisdictions.
Please click here to view the guide in ebook format and to register for the guide in print-friendly, interactive PDF format.
The post Global Guide to Employee Data Privacy – useful resource for 2019 appeared first on Employer Perspectives.