Vanessa Zhou is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office.
Vanessa’s practice is primarily focused on assisting energy companies in their domestic and international investments. Her work includes the assistance to the clients in the bid and tendering process, and on the investment assessment, due diligence review, share acquisitions, asset acquisitions, investment and operation compliance, production sharing contracts, investment in LNG projects in China. Vanessa also advised clients on equity capital market transactions and international debt capital market transactions.
Vanessa speaks fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Assisting a Chinese national oil and gas company on its proposed acquisition of a participating interest of an oilfield offshore Africa (Ghana).
- Assisting a US energy company in connection with operational and compliance matters in China.
- Assisting an Australian oil and gas company on its acquisition of a producing gas field in China by researching related to foreign investment in oil and gas sector, production sharing regime, business registration and approval with MOFCOM and NDRC, and issues relevant to the overall development plan.
- Assisting an international LNG company on its LNG trading and gas distribution and other China regulatory issues.
- Advising an international oil and gas company on its market entry to the LNG sector in China, and joint venture arrangements.
University of Southern California Gould School of Law, LLM
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, JD
Indiana University Bloomington, BA
- New York