Dora Ying is a senior associate of Mayer Brown. She acts for financial institutions in ship finance and leasing transactions, advising on domestic and cross-border bilateral and syndicated finance structures, preparing loan and security documentation and enforcing loan and security documents. She also advises clients on sale and purchase of shipowning companies, vessel sale and registration matters. Dora speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acting for a syndicate of Taiwanese banks in restructuring of a loan facility for financing the acquisition of a 8,200 teu container vessel with subsidiaries of Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation, involving sale and leaseback of the subject vessel.
- Advising a Taiwanese leasing company in sale and leaseback of a 8,200 teu container vessel with subsidiaries of Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation.
- Representing a Taiwanese leasing company in a number of sale and repurchase transactions involving Panamanian and Hong Kong flag vessels.
- Acting for a Taiwanese bank in restructuring of trade line facilities to subsidiaries of an oil trading company which were secured by mortgages over 3 vessels and reflagging of one of them.
- Advising Danish Ship Finance A/S of Denmark on a Danish Kroner (DKK) 1.33 billion loan for 4 ro-ro ferries being built in Denmark at a shipyard which was closed after the last ship was delivered for the Pacific Basin Shipping group, a publicly-listed company in Hong Kong. This loan was later restructured so that the original ro-ro ferries were released in exchange for 19 dry bulk vessels mortgaged to Danish Ship Finance A/S.
- Representing a syndicate of lenders in a US$522.648 million secured term loan facility for refinancing acquisition of 12 bulk carriers by subsidiaries of CITIC Pacific Limited.
- Acting for Blue Lines Shipping in acquisition of 5 special purpose tanker owning companies from Cido Tanker Holding Co.
- Advising Cido Tanker Holding Co. in disposal of 27 special purpose vessel owning companies to Diamond S Shipping III LLC.
- Advising Vanship Holdings Ltd. in connection with the disposal of a fleet of seven VLCCs in the value of US$600 million to Navios Maritime Acquisition Corporation, a New York-listed tanker operator.
- Representing International Finance Corporation in a US$45 million loan facility to subsidiaries of PT Wintermar Offshore Marine Service Tbk to finance the acquisition of 6 vessels as part of its expansion program in offshore oil and gas exploration and production activities projected for Indonesia.
- Acting for International Finance Corporation in a US$10 million convertible loan facility to PT Wintermar Offshore Marine Service Tbk for general corporate financing purposes to increase its operations in the higher value offshore service vessels market.
- Advising Mega International Commercial Bank Co., Ltd. as bilateral lender and syndicate agent of 5 loans with regards to recovery of in aggregate over US$400 million of loans secured over vessels owned by Hsin Chi Su, owner of Taiwan Maritime Transportation Co., Ltd. Corporation (TMT). The matter is high profile and highly complex involving major issues in relation to conflicts of laws and jurisdiction consequent on the successful filing by TMT for Chapter 11 US Bankruptcy Code protection of overseas incorporated single purpose vessel owning companies.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
- Notable Practitioner - Banking, Hong Kong – IFLR1000 (2019)
- Next Generation Lawyer - Asset Finance, Hong Kong – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017-2019)