Karen Yongjie Xi is an associate in the Banking & Finance practice in Mayer Brown's Tokyo office. Her practice focuses on M&A, project finance and other general banking and corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Karen worked at the New York and Shanghai offices of international banks. Before that, she worked for a projects group in another international law firm’s Tokyo office. While working there, she completed a part time secondment to one of Japan's largest power utilities.
- Assisted a Japanese utility, a trading company, and a Japanese bank in respect of a joint investment into a greenfield thermal power plant in China.
- Assisted a Japanese trading house in connection with its acquisition of 20% stake of one of the largest food conglomerates in mainland China and Taiwan.
- Assisted two Japanese utilities in connection with their acquisition of interest in a power company holding a portfolio of multiple power plants in China.
- Assisted a Japanese lender in connection with a $7 billion financing of an LNG liquefaction facility project in Louisiana, USA.
- Assisted a Japanese lender in respect of the refinancing of a power plant project in Texas, USA.
- Assisted a Japanese lender in connection with the financing of a copper mining project in Chile.
- Assisted a Japanese lender in connection with its financing of an LNG terminal project in Texas, USA.
- Assisted a NASDAQ-listed company in connection with its acquisition of two Japanese companies.
- Assisted a client in connection with restructuring and selling-off of subsidiaries in Japan.
- Assisted multiple overseas clients in connection with setting up companies in Japan.
- Assisted a bank in connection with multiple ISDA relevant documents.
University of Pennsylvania Law School, LLM
Keio University, LLM
Fudan University, BA
- New York