Simon Wong is a counsel of Mayer Brown. Simon has spent over 7 years full time working in the PRC. He has deep knowledge and understanding of international practices and the culture and the way Chinese companies conduct their business. Simon has extensive experience acting for both local and foreign companies in a broad spectrum of cross-border arbitration and litigation cases involving corporate, commercial and contractual disputes. He also has strong hands-on experience dealing with local PRC government authorities of various municipalities including Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Nanjing, Changsha, Chenzhou, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and Zhuhai, etc.
Simon is a China-Appointed Attesting Officer (appointed by the Ministry of Justice of PRC).
- Acted for a successful Taiwan listed company in a commercial arbitration in Hong Kong with an aggregate claim amount of over US$110 million
- Acted for a Hong Kong provider of oil and gas services in an arbitration case before the High Court and the Court of Appeal in Hong Kong
- Acted for/advised various foreign companies in arbitration and litigation matters in Hong Kong and the PRC
- Represented a UK bank to deal with the criminal investigations of the PRC Public Security Bureau and the PRC People’s Procuratorate of the Hunan province
- Represented an Australia listed company to deal with the investigations of various PRC Customs in Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin and Nanjing
- Represented various foreign companies (Australia, Singapore,Malaysia, Canada, etc.) to deal with PRC government authorities such as the Administration for Industry and Commerce (AIC) and the Bureau of Foreign Trade and Economic Relations Commissions (BOFTEC), etc in cities throughout the Guangdong province
- Advised various foreign private equity funds in relation to their corporate/contractual disputes with the PRC parties in the Mainland
- Advised the major Hong Kong healthcare provider on debt recovery actions in the PRC
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
China University of Political Science and Law, Double Bachelor’s degree in PRC law
- Hong Kong