Natalie Wong is an associate in the International Arbitration practice in Mayer Brown’s Singapore office. She has extensive experience in both contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering work. She has been involved in work relating to both advising and representing owner-developers, contractors and consultants. Her experience includes matters relating to hospitals, residential and mixed commercial developments as well as transport infrastructure. Apart from these, Natalie also handles general civil and commercial disputes.
Natalie is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Assisted Senior Counsel in an arbitration convened under the SIAC, acting for a Joint-Venture between 2 Korean Chaebols in defending claims and bringing counterclaims in respect of a landmark construction project in the central business district of Singapore.
- Assisted Senior Counsel in acting for and advising a leading firm of architects in defending various claims made in the High Court of Singapore relating to allegations of negligence and fraud in the construction of a residential project.
- Advised a large Korean Chaebol in a construction dispute involving a construction project in the public healthcare sector.
- Advised a large joint-venture in a construction dispute involving a landmark commercial construction project in Singapore.
- Advised a large French construction conglomerate in relation to a number of tunnelling projects in Singapore, for national transport and infrastructure works.
- Advised a large French geotechnical company in relation to a project in Singapore in the defence sector.
- Assisted in the drafting of a REDAS Design & Build standard form main contract in respect of an industrial construction project.
- Assisted in the drafting of a REDAS Design & Build standard form main contract in respect of a construction project for a pharmaceutical company.
- Advised a Korean-Japanese SPV in respect of the contractual interpretation of clauses in pari materia with the FIDIC Yellow Book.
- Assisted in representing various main and sub-contractors in making and/or defending claims in adjudication proceedings brought under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (Cap. 30B) of Singapore.
- Assisted in acting for and advising leading main contractors and sub-contractors in defending claims in relation to various private residential projects.
- Assisted in representing a talent management and media company listed on the Australian stock market in its numerous claims against social media personalities for breaches of contract, and in defending a claim in defamation.
- Assisted in defending a party embroiled in a highly-publicised insurance fraud scheme against claims in negligence and vicarious liability. The High Court judgment released in end 2017 significantly refined the law on the tort of negligence and vicarious liability in Singapore.
- Assisted in advising one of Asia’s largest real estate companies in respect of leases in a major mixed commercial and residential development in Singapore.
- Acted for an art gallerist in defending claims brought against her in defamation, eventually negotiating a settlement offer at a full-day mediation wherein Natalie represented her client;
- Assisted in representing related entities embroiled in million-dollar illegal moneylending claims.
University of Durham, LLB (Hons)
Second Class Honours (Upper Division)