Kathy Wong is a senior associate in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown.
Kathy has strong experience in ship finance and regularly acts for leasing companies, banks and financial institutions in loan and leasing arrangements as well as sale and purchase transactions.
- Represented a leading international bank as mandated lead arranger, agent and security trustee in a syndicated term loan facility (with a hybrid structure and supported by security relating to 15 vessels) to a subsidiary of a leading PRC leasing company.
- Represented a leading PRC bank in a factoring transaction for ten container vessels, involving purchase of charter receivables under bareboat charter made between a leading PRC leasing company and one of the largest European container operators.
- Represented Taiwanese banks in a number of secured term loan facilities for the financing of newbuildings.
- Represented a leading PRC leasing company in a financial leasing deal of two container vessels with a German shipping group.
- Represented a leading PRC leasing company on the acquisition and operating leases of eleven vessels to be chartered to a Danish operator.
- Represented a leading owner of containerships in a number of sale and purchase transactions involving German, Liberian, Marshall Islands, Singapore and Hong Kong flag vessels.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- Hong Kong