Patricia Winter is an associate in the Corporate & M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the Rio de Janeiro office. Her practice focus on advising Brazilian and foreign companies in Energy Projects, including FSRU, FPSO, drilling and subsea construction projects, in contractual, regulatory and corporate matters. She has extensive experience in the interface with regulatory agencies, including the Brazilian National Agency of Waterway Transportation (ANTAQ) and the Brazilian National Agency of Petroleum (ANP).
- Advised a client in regulatory matters for the acquisition of Petrobras assets in Ceará Basin, offshore Brazil, including port and maritime aspects with the ANTAQ and the Brazilian Maritime Authority (Brazilian Navy) and aeronautical aspects with the National Agency of Civil Aviation (ANAC).
- Assisted a client in a bidding proceeding regarding the EPC contract for the supply and installation of the subsea system for the Sépia Field, located in the Santos Basin, offshore Brazil.
- Assisted different O&G contractors in the analysis of Petrobras' charter and services contracts.
- Assisted a client in the acquisition of two drilling rigs from Petrobras, including negotiations of the sale and purchase agreement and analysis of maritime regulation and customs matters.
- Assisted a client in the potential acquisition of Sete Brasil assets, which included analysis related to shipbuilding contracts and charter and services contracts.
- Assisted a client with respect to offshore shipping regulations and contract negotiations to charter vessels and in general legal matters to perform the Rota 3 project from Petrobras, including ship security interests and maritime liens.
- Assisted a client on shipping regulations to structure a joint-venture to transport oil produced in Brazil by using tanker vessels. This included analysis of flag and charter requirements from the ANTAQ and the Brazilian Navy, and the ANP's regulations.
- Assisted a major FPSO player in corporate matters in Brazil.
- Assisted the Brazilian Maritime Law Association (ABDM), as a member, in an amicus curiae case involving the FPSO OSX-3 in a dispute concerning the validity and enforcement of foreign ship mortgages in Brazil.
- Assisted a client on the acquisition and exportation of a bulk carrier, including a legal due diligence to identify potential claims and maritime liens, ship registration and corporate matters.
- Assisted a client in contractual and regulatory matters with the ANTAQ and the Brazilian Navy in connection with offshore construction activities for the Atlanta Field, located in the Santos Basin, offshore Brazil.
- Assisted clients in the legal due diligence processes for the chartering of FSRUs, subsea constructions and implementation of port terminals in Brazil. The due diligence processes covered maritime contracts and Brazilian maritime regulatory requirements.
- Assisted a client in regulatory and contractual matters for operating a FSRU in a LNG port terminal located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Assisted a client in the participation of the 15th Bidding Round and execution of the awarded E&P contracts.
- Assisted clients in the drafting of drilling, geophysics and other contracts related to support services for the oil and gas industry.
- Assisted a client in the resolution of a controversy related to unitization process with the ANP.
- Assisted clients in litigations related to the use of fracking in blocks awarded in the 11th and 12th Bid Rounds.
- Assisted clients before the ANP, in processes related to extension of concession phases, suspension of concession contracts, and defenses against infraction notices applied by the ANP in upstream activities.
- Assisted lubricant producers in obtaining and renewing registrations of products before the ANP.
- Assisted the elaboration of a legal opinion for a client about transport and distribution of natural gas in Brazil, throughout a constitutional, jurisprudential and doctrinal analysis, as well as the assessment of competition aspects.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/RJ), LLM, State and Regulation
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)