Patricia Winter is an associate in the Corporate & M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. Her practice is focused in advising Brazilian and foreign companies from the oil and gas field in matters related to regulation, contracts and corporate issues, including (i) legal counsel in administrative procedures and interaction with the Brazilian National Agency of Petroleum – ANP; (ii) analysis and development of contracts related to upstream; and (iii) general corporate advice.
- Represented E&P companies and service providers in the elaboration of services agreements related to drilling, geophysics, charter, and other services related to support services for the oil and gas industry.
- Represented a Brazilian E&P company in the resolution of a controversy related to unitization process before the Brazilian National Agency of Petroleum – ANP.
- Represented Brazilian E&P companies in litigations related to the use of fracking in blocks from the 11th and 12th Bid Rounds.
- Represented Brazilian E&P companies before the ANP, in processes related to extension of phases of exploration and production concessions, as well as suspension of concession contracts.
- Represented Brazilian E&P companies in defense against infraction notices applied by the ANP in upstream activities.
- Represented a lubricant producer in the obtaining and renewal, before the ANP, of registration of its products and of authorization to perform the activity of lubricant production.
- Assisted in the elaboration of a legal opinion about transport and distribution of natural gas, throughout a constitutional, jurisprudential and doctrinal analysis, as well as an assessment of the competition aspects, related to the regulation of the natural gas industry in Brazil.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/RJ), LLM, State and Regulation
Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)