Chambers Asia Pacific (2020)
"practical and great to work with" and “solid in his understanding and works quickly and around the clock." and "He is very experienced, keeps things simple and ensures a smooth closing of matters."
“He is a very good shipping lawyer who understands that advice needs to be commercial, precise and to the point."
Conor Warde is a partner in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown. He has a diverse practice advising clients on transactional, corporate, regulatory and policy matters with particular experience in ship finance and maritime transactional matters. He represents companies, commercial lenders and investors in international financings, M&A and other corporate transactions across multiple industries and involving a broad range of corporate finance and investment issues, including senior and subordinated debt financings, asset-based lending transactions, and private equity investments.
Conor also has significant experience in representing owners and operators of vessels and other maritime and offshore interests, primarily with regard to private equity and ship and other asset financing transactions; ship sale and purchase and shipbuilding contracts; international and US-specific regulatory compliance; offshore drilling contracts and regulatory matters; international sanctions regimes; and pollution incident response and criminal prosecutions.
- Representing one of the largest Chinese leasing houses on a multi-vessel lease financing for a UK-based shipowner.
- Advised a large Chinese financial leasing institution in the US$60 million sale/leaseback arrangements of eight vessels owned by subsidiaries of Nanjing Ocean Shipping Co., Ltd.
- Represented a major Chinese financial institution in relation to the USD 175 million lease financing of one F&G JU2000E jack-up drilling rig built in China to a large Indonesian drilling contractor and operator, which was awarded by Marine Money Offshore as 2014 Leasing Deal of the Year.
- Represented a European lender in relation to a loan facility provided to a Singapore-listed shipping group in relation to the re-financing of four vessels.
- Represented a leading Chinese leasing company on the acquisition of two special purpose vehicles from another major Chinese leasing company and subsequent lease and bank financing of two newbuilding containerships to a well-known European operator.
- Represented a major Chinese financial institution in relation to the financing of 15 MR product tankers chartered to a major Korean shipping group.
- Represented a Hong Kong financial institution in multiple significant financings to provide funding for international investment portfolios.
- Represented a large Chinese leasing company on the lease financing of two bulk carriers chartered to a Chinese shipping group.
- Represented a major Chinese financial institution in relation to the bank and lease financing of an asphalt and bitumen carrier bareboat chartered to an American shipping group.
- Represented a large Chinese leasing company in connection with a financing involving 10 bulk carriers built in China.
- Represented a large Chinese bank in relation to the pre-delivery and post-delivery financing of two Handymax bulk carriers under construction at a major Chinese shipyard.
- Advised one of the world's leading private equity firms in a joint venture with a large Asia-based shipping group.
- Represented a Swiss financial institution on a USD 300 million financing of drilling rigs and offshore supply vessels.
The George Washington University Law School, JD
Georgetown University, BA
- Hong Kong
- England and Wales
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Leading Individual - Asset Finance, Hong Kong – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019-2021)
- Leading Individual - Shipping Finance, China (International Firms) – Chambers Global (2018-2020)
- Leading Individual - Shipping Finance, China (International Firms) – Chambers Asia Pacific (2017-2021)
- Expertise Based Abroad in China - General Business Law, Marshall Islands – Chambers Asia Pacific (2020, 2021)
- Top 10 Most Influential Lawyers in Shipping – Lloyd's List (2015)
- "thinking ahead", "extremely organised" and "extremely well plugged into the industry." - Chambers Asia Pacific (2021)
- "his main strengths are responsiveness and accuracy." - Chambers Asia Pacific (2021)
- "practical and great to work with" and “solid in his understanding and works quickly and around the clock." and "He is very experienced, keeps things simple and ensures a smooth closing of matters." – Chambers Asia Pacific (2020)
- “He is a very good shipping lawyer who understands that advice needs to be commercial, precise and to the point." – Chambers Asia Pacific (2020)