Winston Wang is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Hong Kong office. He primarily advises issuers, underwriters and servicers on complex capital markets transactions and covers high-yield bonds, medium-term note programs, hybrid securities and securitizations. He has experience advising on US securities law and US listing requirements. He also has experience advising corporations and limited partnerships on mergers and acquisitions and a variety of corporate finance transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, Winston worked as a corporate associate at a leading firm in the United States. He has also worked as a Global Law Fellow at the legal department of a multinational company in Tokyo.
Winston is a native Mandarin speaker, he is also fluent in English.
Debt Capital Markets
- Advised China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd. (CIMC) on the establishment of the US$200 million Euro-Commercial Paper Program by its overseas financing platform. The Program was supported by Letter of Credit issued by Bank of China London Branch.
- Advised Jiayuan International Group Limited on the issuance of US$225 million 13.75% Senior Secured Notes due 2022, a portion of which is used to exchange for a portion of US$400 million 12.00% Senior Notes due 2020.
- Advised Jiayuan International Group Limited on the issuance of US$225 million 11.375% Senior Secured Notes due 2022.
- Advised DBS Bank Ltd. and Guotai Junan International on the debut issuance of US$230 million 10.0% Senior Notes due 2022 by a leading PRC real estate developer.
- Advised HLP Finance Limited and Hang Lung Properties Limited on annual maintenance of US$3 billion EMTN program.
- Advised Sinochem Hong Kong (Group) Company Limited on annual maintenance of US$5 billion EMTN program.
- Advised China International Capital Corporation, DBS Bank Ltd., Ping An of China Securities (Hong Kong) Company Limited, Silk Road International, China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd., Hong Kong Branch, China Everbright Bank, Hong Kong Branch, Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, Hong Kong Branch and ABC International on the issuance of US$150 million 7.6% Senior Notes due 2021 by Excellence Commercial Properties Co., Ltd.
- Advised Guotai Junan International, The Bank of East Asia, Limited, China Everbright Bank, Hong Kong Branch and HeungKong Financial on the issuance of US$100 million 7.2% Guaranteed Senior Notes due 2022 by Excellence Commercial Management Limited.
- Advised Guotai Junan International, Haitong International, The Bank of East Asia, Limited, CM Financial, ABC International and China Minsheng Banking Corp., Ltd., Hong Kong Branch on the issuance of US$150 million 6.8% Guaranteed Senior Notes due 2022 by Excellence Commercial Management Limited.
- Advised Midland Loan Services, a subsidiary of PNC Financial Services Group, Inc. as master servicers and/or special servicers in new issuances of CMBS transactions and single asset single borrower transactions involving securities backed by commercial and/or multifamily mortgage loans.
- Advised PNC Bank, National Association as sub-servicers in new issuances of CMBS transactions involving securities backed by commercial mortgage loans.
- Advised Waste Management, Inc. on the acquisition of two leading regional solid waste treatment companies.
- Advised a leading US auto insurance company on its successive acquisitions of three US auto insurance companies.
- Advised one of the largest private companies in the world on its strategic investment in a driving technology company in the United States.
- Advised Asia Clean Capital on establishing a joint venture with EDF, a multinational company controlled by the French state.
University of Illinois College of Law, JD, summa cum laude
Order of Coif
Northwest University of Political Science and Law, LLB, with honors
- New York
- China (law license)