Corporate & Securities, Digital Assets, Blockchain & Cryptocurrency, Financial Services Regulatory & Enforcement
Financial clients seek Helen Wang’s counsel on all aspects relating to the formation, maintenance and restructuring of investment funds, including private equity funds, hedge funds and hybrid funds. Helen advises asset managers, banks, state-owned enterprises, professional trustees and fund administrators, as well as family offices and start-ups across the Asia Pacific region in Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan, Japan and Australia.
Before joining Mayer Brown, Helen practised Australian, BVI and Cayman Islands law working in international law firms and on secondment as in-house counsel with major financial institutions in Australia.
- A leading Hong Kong real estate agency on student accommodation funds.
- A multinational bank on the establishment of a real estate fund in the form of a Hong Kong domiciled open-ended fund company.
- A Hong Kong and US based private equity manager on the establishment of a biotechnology fund in the form of a Cayman Islands domiciled partnership.
- A Hong Kong listed company on the establishment of a biotechnology fund in the form of a Cayman Islands domiciled partnership.
- A Hong Kong licensed platform provider on the establishment of a number of hedge funds in the form of a Cayman Islands domiciled segregated portfolio company (SPC).
- Rising Star - Private Equity Funds, Hong Kong – IFLR1000
- Rising Star - Real Estate Funds, Hong Kong – IFLR1000
- Recommended Lawyer - Investment Funds, Hong Kong – Legal 500 Asia Pacific
- Asia's Private Equity Rising Stars 2023 – Law.com International
- University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Laws
- University of New South Wales, Bachelor of Commerce, International Business
- Hong Kong
- New South Wales Australia
Professional & Community Involvement
- Co-chair RAW Network
- Instructor, Henley Business School-Hedge Fund Programme