Elfie Wang is a senior associate in the corporate team of Mayer Brown. Her practice is focused in the areas of foreign direct investment, M&A, restructuring & divestment, employment, and general cooperate matters. She has experience in advising clients in various industries such as retail, food, manufacturing, logistics and so forth.
She speaks fluent English, Mandarin and German.
- Advised a NASDAQ listed pharmacy retail group on its investment into a state-owned Chinese leading pharmacy retail group.
- Advised a NYSE listed fashion company in restructuring its Chinese retail business, and provided advice on its distribution and e-commerce business.
- Advised an Italian luxury brand on buying back its distribution and retail channel in China through assets acquisition.
- Advised a US optical company in buying back its sourcing and supply channel in mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Advised a large Australia investment group in (i) divesting from a trust company in Shanghai; (ii) investing into a Pizza diner and delivery business in China and subsequent contemplated equity financing.
- Advised an Australia seafood company on its entry into the Chinese market, including the establishment of its e-commence channels, related logistics arrangement, and providing advices on regulatory matters.
- Advised a Korean cafe brand on re-structuring its franchise arrangement, including termination of previous franchise and establishing direct franchise arrangement.
- Advised a US chocolate brand on establishing its cafe business through its business partner in China.
- Advised a UK precise instrument company on (i) its strategic cooperation with a Chinese academic institution; and (ii) carve-out of its industrial analysis business unit from its PRC subsidiary for a subsequent global sale.
- Advised a large German industrial group on carve out of starter and generator business unit from its PRC subsidiaries and JV for a subsequent global sale.
- Advised a US high-tech coating company on (i) its establishment of its project companies, negotiating contracts for difference projects and providing relevant compliance advise; (ii) the PRC related matters for its acquisition of another UK-based coating company.
- Advised a large Indian logistics group on its acquisitions of (i) a PRC logistic companies; and (ii) an international freight forwarding company.
- Advised a German precise instrument company in (i) establishing its subsidiary in China and related general corporate matters; (ii) restructuring its Chinese subsidiary to establish a joint venture structure with a Japanese company.
- Advised a Spanish auto parts company in settling dispute with its JV partner and divesting from its JV in Ningbo.
- Advised a UK auto parts company in dealing with potential dispute with its JV partner and divesting from its JV in Kunshan.
Fudan University, JM
Shanghai Jiao Tong University, First Major: German
Second Major: Law