"Commercial and responsive"Legal 500 2017
Jessica Walker is a partner in the Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency practice of the London office. She has considerable experience advising financial institutions, insolvency practitioners, directors and other stakeholders on all elements of domestic and cross border restructuring and insolvency matters.
Jessica's experience covers contentious and non-contentious matters, particularly in respect of distressed transactions, pensions restructuring, CVAs and schemes of arrangement.
- Advising a number of fund clients on their acquisition of portfolios of real estate and non-performing loans.
- Acting for the administrators and liquidators of Comet in respect of the day-to-day trading of the company and issues arising throughout the administration and liquidation, including retention of title, disclaimer and creditor communication issues.
- Acting for the administrators of British Bookshops and Stationers Limited, Suits You, Fenn Wright Manson and Ethel Austin, including in respect of the sale of all or part of the relevant business and assets.
- Advising ATP Oil & Gas (UK) Limited in respect of its company voluntary arrangement and subsequent sale of the company to Alpha Petroleum (UK ) Holdings Limited.
- Advising the purchaser of the Power Plate business out of administration.
- Advising GA Europe in respect of its investment in and subsequent sale of footwear specialist Shoon.
- Advising the investors in British Bookshops and Stationers Limited and Suits You on enforcement.
- Advising a number of creditors and stakeholders in respect of MF Global Limited’s special administration.
- Acting for the Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group in respect of its restructuring through an English scheme of arrangement (the first Asian company to use this approach).
- Advising Berlin-Hannoversche Hypothekenbank AG in its role as senior secured lender in respect of the appointment of receivers over the Goldman Sachs UK headquarters on Fleet Street and the implementation of parallel schemes of arrangement in England and the BVI.
- Advising a major stakeholder providing CDS cover on the restructuring of the General Healthcare Group.
- Advising the trustee of the Merchant Navy Ratings Pension Fund in respect of the recovery from insolvent participating employers of an allocated share in the fund’s deficit.
- Advising the nominees and subsequent supervisors of an interlocking partnership voluntary arrangement and CVA arrangement to restructure a 1907 Act limited partnership.
- Advising insolvency practitioners, professional advisors and corporate clients in respect of requests for documents under sections 234, 235 and 236 Insolvency Act 1986, including defending court applications brought by liquidators.
University of Northumbria, LPC (Distinction)
Bournemouth University, LLB
- England and Wales
- Newly promoted partner Jessica Walker is recommended. (Legal 500 2018 Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency).
- The "commercial and responsive" senior associate Jessica Walker is recommended. (Legal 500 2017).