Carla Wachendorfer is an associate in the Competition practice of the Brussels office. She advises and represents clients in complex merger control, antitrust and state aid proceedings before EU Institutions, the German Federal Cartel Office (Bundeskartellamt) as well as other national competition authorities in the context of multi-jurisdictional merger filings. Carla also helps clients on distribution related issues, and provides antitrust compliance advice to companies and trade associations.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2016, Carla gained experience in major law firms in Paris, Munich and in Luxembourg and completed a traineeship at the European Commission, DG Competition.
Carla is fluent in English, German and French.
- Advising international food/agricultural company Cargill in various merger notifications before the German Federal Cartel Office and other national competition authorities.
- Advising an international food and drink company in various merger control notifications before the German Federal Cartel Office.
- Advising companies active in a range of sectors (e.g. chemicals, food, consumer goods, commodities, private equity, transport) on complex multi-jurisdictional merger control notifications and jurisdictional questions.
- Regularly advising companies on vertical and distribution issues as well as on co-operation with competitors.
Université Libre de Bruxelles, Master in Law
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Master in European business Law
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, LLM in European and International business Law
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, LLM in German Law
- Brussels Bar (Ordre Français des Avocats au Barreau de Bruxelles)
- Member, German-American Lawyers' Association; and
- Member, Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht.