Alex Vitruk is an associate in Mayer Brown's Los Angeles office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. He has experience in a wide range of matters, including complex commercial disputes, class actions, cybersecurity and data privacy matters, and consumer product false advertising cases.
Alex has experience drafting and editing pleadings and briefs; successfully arguing motions in court, including dispositive motions; participating in mediation and settlement discussions; managing document production and review teams; and preparing various fact-finding reports. He is natively fluent in Russian and conversant in Spanish, and consistently utilizes his diverse language skills in serving Mayer Brown clients.
Alex maintains an active pro bono practice focused on immigration and voting rights issues. He also prepares decision and complaint summaries for publication in the ABA Section of Antitrust Law’s “Recent Litigation Developments” division.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Alex served as a judicial law clerk to multiple Judges at the Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles, where he acquired valuable knowledge of state court practice. He also interned at the California Attorney General’s Office, Consumer Law Section, where he gained insight into consumer litigation and class actions.
- Led defense of media company affiliated with major telecommunications corporation in action alleging theft of intellectual property. Successfully moved to vacate multi-million dollar default judgment request and then obtained dismissal of the case with prejudice.
- Represented global designer, manufacturer, and distributor of mobile device accessories in data privacy matter involving multiple entities and individual defendants.
- Representing international designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles in case involving misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of fiduciary duty, interference with contract and prospective economic advantage, and related claims.
- Defending technology company in putative class action alleging that smartphone application violates Washington state gambling and consumer protection laws.
- Representing overseas corporation in securities and contract-related dispute involving commercial real estate in California.
- Defending prominent designer and manufacturer of consumer electronics in putative class action alleging fraudulent advertising and violation of California’s consumer protection laws.
- Defending U.S. affiliate of multinational food company in putative class action alleging violation of California’s Franchise Relations Act and consumer protection laws.
- Representing individual in partnership-related dispute arising from commercial real estate business.
- Defending leading security company in putative class action alleging violations of ERISA.
- Defending electronic hardware corporation in action alleging violation of Sarbanes-Oxley corporate whistleblower protection law.
University of Washington, BA
Boston University School of Law, JD, cum laude
Member, Review of Banking and Financial Law Journal
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California