Jessica van der Kamp is an associate of Mayer Brown.
Jessica has experience in contentious construction, town-planning and general commercial disputes. She has been involved in a number of arbitrations for large infrastructure projects and judicial review against town planning decisions. She also has experience with judicial reviews against town planning decisions. She also has non-contentious experience advising on aspects of construction and building contracts.
- Assisting in advising a public body Employer on liabilities and breach of contract claims against a Design and Build Contractor.
- Assisting an Employer in ongoing consolidated arbitration proceedings under the HKIAC Domestic Arbitration Rules against main contractor in relation to a final account dispute.
- Assisting in an ongoing ad-hoc Hong Kong seated international arbitration between two commercial parties in a dispute over a breach of a supply agreement.
- Assisted in advising a Statutory Authority on objections to Town Planning Board applications and a Town Planning Appeal Board hearing.
- Assisted in advising a Developer in a successful Court of Final Appeal proceeding relating to a judicial review against a Town Planning Board decision to apply restrictions affecting their land.
- Assisted the team acting for a Main Contractor in the Commission of Inquiry on excess lead found in drinking water in public rental housing developments in Hong Kong.
- Assisting in advising the Incorporated Owners of a residential building in a mediation and ongoing Lands Tribunal dispute arising from water leakage.
- Assisted in advising a Developer on liability arising from water damage.
- Assisted in advising a Statutory Authority on contract risks and risk management in a large redevelopment project.
- Assisted in advising Employers on third party rights in construction and building contracts.
- Assisted a Joint Venture main contractor in an arbitration under the HKIAC Domestic Arbitration Rules in a final account dispute relating to a large infrastructure project.
- Assisted a Joint Venture main contractor in an Hong Kong seated international arbitration against a sub-contractor relating to variation and delay claims in a construction project for an overseas military base in East Africa.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, JD
London School of Economics and Political Science, LLM
Utrecht University, BA
- Hong Kong