Isabela do Val is an associate in the Employment & Benefits practice at Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown LLP. She has experience in labor and union relations advisory, as well as strategic labor and union litigation and administrative labor procedures. She also has multidisciplinary experience, working in labor compliance investigations, internal procedural audits and due diligence in corporate operations.
With over 7 years of experience working in the labor area, Isabela has had contact with most various business activities, representing mostly companies in the automotive, agribusiness and banking sectors.
With an innovative streak, her experience includes the elaboration of interactive presentations and reports in Power BI, in addition to using creativity to find original and tailor maiden solutions for clients.
She also has specific experience with union law, working in collective bargaining in general, developing union relations, contributing to the preparation and Profit Sharing Agreements, in addition to acting in class actions, collective labor lawsuits and collection actions filed by Union.
Especially during 2020, she worked intensively in the construction of internal policies, employment contracts, contractual amendments and legal opinions, assisting clients in making decisions and implementing appropriate legal measures, considering the implications arising from COVID-19 and the new home office work system.
- Management of Digital Bank’s labor lawsuits, in particular, of labor claims related to “correspondent services” under the terms of Resolution 3,954 / 2011, requesting recognition of employment misclassification;
- Development of a study of union reframing and active participation in collective bargaining regarding the closure company’s sites and business restructuring of a company recently acquired by the client, i.e. multinational company in the agribusiness and pesticides sector, during 2019.
- Defensive expertise on public civil actions, investigative procedures filed by Public Prosecutor and labor claims which subject relates to contamination by pesticides and/or asbestos.
- In relation to Covid-19 Pandemic, experience in f risk assessment and procedures related to performance of non remote activities, advisory on employer’s obligations during temporary home office, time tracking obligations and flexibility under remote work, adaptation to sanitary measures, validity of e-signatures before labor law, possibility of imposing disciplinary measures and sanctions (e.g. vaccine, testing, restriction of travelling to affected areas, etc.), in addition to the review of internal policies, employment agreements, amendments to employment agreements and general advisory on recent changes implemented by Executive Orders, Decrees and Laws that regulate private relations during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Instituto de Estudos Previdenciarios,Trabalhistas e Tribuntários, Post Degree in Compliance, Data protection & Labor Practice, started September 2021
Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie, Bachelor of Law
Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Postgraduate Degree in Labor Law
- Recognized at Expert Guides as Rising Star in Labour area in 2021.