"Vanzura has given clutch performances in some of his firm’s biggest cases, ranging from complex securities litigation to white collar criminal defense. … With a background in economics, he cuts quickly to the heart of complicated business disputes and finds solutions for large corporations, directors and others."The Recorder
Glenn Vanzura focuses his practice on securities litigation, complex business litigation, white collar criminal defense and internal corporate investigations.
Glenn has represented corporations, partners, directors, officers, employees and other individuals in a variety of industries, including the biopharmaceutical, semiconductor, medical service provider, automotive, real estate, casino gaming, hotel, smartphone application, entertainment, manufacturing and restaurant industries. He has also represented Am Law 100 law firms in legal malpractice and related matters and provided neutral party consultation to mediators in securities matters, particularly in respect of loss causation and damages issues.
In his most recent matter, Glenn first-chaired a successful arbitration in which his clients enjoyed a complete defense victory. After a week-long arbitration of the partnership dispute involving tens of millions of dollars in alleged damages, the panel of three arbitrators unanimously found in favor of Glenn’s clients on each of the 10 claims asserted against them and awarded the claimants $0 in damages.
Glenn is active in the community, including service on the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Judicial Elections Evaluation Committee. He has also dedicated himself to pro bono matters, including the representation of low-income tenants and former members of the US armed services.
- Led the defense of companies, directors and officers in numerous shareholder class and derivative actions involving alleged securities law violations, including actions in federal and state courts, with exposures from the low millions to the billions of dollars.
- Represented companies and individuals in connection with investigations and enforcement actions by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Represented companies and individuals in connection with investigations and criminal prosecutions by the US Department of Justice, international prosecuting agencies, and state and local government agencies, including matters involving alleged violations of the federal mail fraud, wire fraud and honest services statutes; alleged insider trading; alleged trade secret theft and economic espionage; alleged stock options backdating and other alleged violations of the federal securities laws.
- Led internal corporate investigations on behalf of boards of directors, audit committees and company management, including in connection with whistleblower complaints and restatements of prior period financial statements, and represented c-suite executives in connection with such investigations.
- Defended an international law firm and lawyers in numerous suits alleging legal malpractice and other torts in state and federal courts.
- Defended and prosecuted numerous partnership disputes in courts and arbitrations.
- Defended a company in a bankruptcy court adversarial action alleging violations of the WARN Act.
- Represented individuals in employment and contract disputes, including a matter concerning the sale of a solely owned company to a national entertainment conglomerate and a matter involving a dispute with a major real estate developer.
- Represented celebrity clients in pre-litigation and litigation matters.
Stanford Law School, JD, with distinction
University of California, Los Angeles, BA, Business Economics
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- California Courts of Appeal
- Recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in America© for his work in Securities Litigation
- Honored in 2020 by the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “LA500” as one of the “most influential, most powerful, and most impactful business professionals” in Los Angeles
- Featured as a "Local Litigation Star" in Benchmark Litigation (2018-2019)
- Selected by The Recorder in its inaugural list as one of only 50 "Lawyers on the Fast Track"
- Named to the Southern California Rising Stars list in each year of eligibility from 2009 to 2015