Dr. Alexander Täumer is a lawyer, tax consultant and counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Corporate practice. He advises financial institutions, industrial clients, investment banks, investors and listed companies on all sorts of domestic and cross border M&A transactions, including public M&A, reorganization and corporate restructuring matters as well as tax and accounting law.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2016, Alexander worked for another international law firm in Frankfurt.
- Advised a French listed food manufacturer on the acquisition and restructuring of a German milk producer.
- Advised a Landesbank on its restructuring and the subsequent sale of several business areas to several domestic and international purchasers.
- Advised a bank on several capital measures.
- Advised an automotive financial service provider on the establishment of a joint venture and the acquisition of an international financial service provider.
- Advised a German bank on the issuance of a financing confirmation.
- Advised a pharmaceutical company on tax law as well as on the dealings with the tax authorities.
- Advised a bank on the sale of a real estate portfolio in Frankfurt and Berlin to an international Joint Venture.
- Advised a bank on the sale of its derivative business.
- Advised a British bank on the acquisition, restructuring and subsequent sale of a real estate portfolio.
- Advised an energy company on its restructuring.
- Advised a car manufacturer on the integration of one of its major subsidiaries.
- Advised an American manufacturer of power generation products on the acquisition of a manufacturer of gaseous-engine control systems.
Tax consultant (Steuerberater), Frankfurt am Main, 2015
Doctor’s degree (PhD in law), University of Freiburg, 2010
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Frankfurt, 2006
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Frankfurt, 2004-2006
First State Law Examination, Freiburg, 2004
Universities of Freiburg and Oxford, Oriel College, 1998-2004
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany