Christopher To is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown’s Hong Kong office. Christopher’s practice is primarily focussed on complex cross-border capital markets transactions including offerings of equity and debt securities, representing issuers, arrangers and underwriters. He has experience advising on issuance of high-yield bonds and perpetual securities as well as establishment of medium-term note programs. He also advises on regulatory and compliance matters of Hong Kong listed companies.
Christopher speaks English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Advised Hong Kong JY Flower Limited and Kunming Industrial Development & Investment Co., Ltd. (Kunming Industrial) on the issuance of US$300 million 6.1% Unsecured Guaranteed Notes. These Notes are irrevocably guaranteed by Kunming Industrial.
- Advised BPHL Capital Management Limited and Beijing Properties (Holdings) Limited (Beijing Properties) on the issuance of US$600 million 5.95% Unsecured Guaranteed Notes. These Notes are irrevocably guaranteed by Beijing Properties with the benefit of a keepwell deed issued by Beijing Enterprises Group Company Limited.
- Advised Jiayuan International Group Limited on the issuance of US$225 million 13.75% Senior Secured Notes due 2022, a portion of which is used to exchange for a portion of US$400 million 12.00% Senior Notes due 2020.
- Advised China Overseas Finance (Cayman) VIII Limited (China Overseas Cayman) and China Overseas Land & Investment Limited (China Overseas) in connection with the establishment of China Overseas Cayman’s US$2.5 billion Medium Term Note Programme. The Programme was unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by China Overseas.
- Advised China State Construction Finance (Cayman) III Limited and China State Construction International Holdings Limited (China State Construction) on the issuance of US$500 million 4.00% Subordinate Guaranteed Perpetual Capital Securities. These Notes are guaranteed by China State Construction.
- Advised the arrangers on the issuance of US$300 million 5.50% Unsecured Notes due 2020 by a state-owned Chinese red-chip conglomerate focussing on property investment and development.
- Advised the sponsor and underwriters in the IPO exercise of a PRC real estate developer on the Main Board of Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised the sponsor and underwriters in the proposed listing of a Singapore precision parts manufacturer on the Main Board of Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised the sponsor and underwriters in the proposed listing of a Hong Kong automation solutions provider on GEM of Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Advised on the negotiations of a joint venture arrangement for the operation of an online music streaming platform between a multinational record label conglomerate and a multinational investment holding company.
City University of Hong Kong, PCLL
University of Warwick, Bachelor of Laws
Upper Second Class Honours
- Hong Kong