Stanley Tan is a senior associate in the Singapore office of Mayer Brown's corporate team. Stanley's practice is focused on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, private equity and investment fund transactions, general corporate matters and transactions under the governance of the Hong Kong listing rules, as well as capital market transactions including global offering of equity securities, high yield debt offerings and medium-term note programmes. He has extensive experience advising clients on transactions across various jurisdictions, including in South East Asia, Mainland China and Hong Kong.
- Advised Nestlé S.A. in relation to its exit from PT Nestlé Indofood Citarasa Indonesia (NICI), a joint venture with PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk (Indofood), including the disposal of its 50% stake in NICI to Indofood.
- Advised BOCOM International Securities Limited, VTB Capital plc, CMBC Securities Company Limited, ABCI Capital Limited, China Silk Road International Capital Limited and Guotai Junan Securities (Hong Kong) Limited on the US$450 million 7.30 percent Guaranteed Senior Notes due 2019 by Excellence Commercial Management Limited.
- Advised Principal Financial Group in its proposed acquisition of controlling stakes in CIMB-Principal Asset Management Group and CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management from its joint venture partner CIMB Group Holdings Berhad.
- Advised CT Corp in relation to its sale of a 49 percent stake in its life insurance business to Prudential Financial, establishing a significant joint venture in the life insurance business in Indonesia.
- Advised PT CT Corpora on a further minority sale of its retail division, Trans Retail, to an investor.
- Advised a Hong Kong company in the auction sale of its interest in a global provider of integrated business, corporate and investor services.
- Advised a Hong Kong company in relation to the restructuring of its water, wastewater and waste businesses in Greater China region, which is a joint venture with a European company.
- Advised a leading financial institution in relation to its reorganisation in the South East Asia region.
- Advised an investment company on its proposed acquisition of an insurance company with operation in various Asian countries.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company on its formation of partnership with a middle eastern institution.
- Advised a Japanese company on its disposal of equity interest in a Hong Kong listed company.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company in relation to its proposed acquisition of a majority interest in a PRC infrastructure company.
- Advised a PRC company on its investment in the global offering of a financial institution in Hong Kong.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLM in Chinese Law
University of Cambridge, Gonville & Caius College, BA in Law
- Hong Kong