Sharon Tam is a senior associate in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown's Real Estate practice.
Sharon advises Hong Kong listed real-estate developers and investors on acquisition and disposal of composite developments, retail premises, commercial and industrial buildings in Hong Kong. She has experience in advising banks, financial institutions and borrowers in real estate-related financing and refinancing matters.
She handles property redevelopment projects and subdivision of composite developments for subsequent disposals such as drafting Sub-Deeds of Mutual Covenant. She also has experience in negotiating and preparing long-term leases for various large-scale property developments and representing landlords in corporate leasing matters.
- Advised a consortium of investors on the HK$7.5 billion acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns OCTA Tower, 8 Lam Chak Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Advised an overseas investor on the HK$1.888 billion disposal of an investment vehicle which owns a 23-storey commercial complex in Causeway Bay.
- Advised Phoenix Property Investors on its HK$1.336 billion disposal of investment holding companies which indirectly owns 5 office floors, 16 car parking spaces and a signage area at Enterprise Square Three on 39 Wang Chiu Road, Kowloon.
- Advised a fund on its HK$892 million acquisition of parts of Ground, First and Second Floors of Tonnochy Towers, 250, 252, 256-270 and 274 Jaffe Road, 5 Tonnochy Road and 4 Stewart Road, Hong Kong.
- Advised a fund on its HK$770 million acquisition of certain interests in an investment vehicle which indirectly owns a majority part of a shopping mall at Tsimshatsui.
- Advised a Hong Kong listed company on its HK$600 million acquisition of an investment vehicle which indirectly owns Safer Industrial Building (which is currently known as Harbour Sky), 28 Sze Shan Street, Yau Tong, Kowloon.
- Advised Hanison Construction Holdings Limited on its HK$489 million acquisition of the property known as Hay Nien Building located at 1 Tai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon.
- Advised a high net worth individual on her HK$125 million acquisition of a property holding vehicle which directly owns a low rise residential apartment.
- Advised property developers and investors on numerous acquisitions of shopping centres and carparks from Link Properties Limited by way of tender.
- Advised investors on strata sale of carparks acquired from Link Properties Limited (including preparation of sub-deed(s) of mutual covenant).
- Advised banks and financial institutions on real estate-related financing and refinancing matters.
- Advised real estate developer on long-term leases for retail blocks including compliance with the land grant and the deed of mutual covenant.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
The University of Hong Kong, Bachelor of Social Sciences, Government and Laws
- Hong Kong
- 40 Under 40 – LexisNexis (2022)