“Prominent antitrust practitioner Todorov has brought his notable experience and raised the firm’s profile in recent years. He leads the team, adding superb power to its experience and proven track record on high-profile cases.”Latin Lawyer, 2023
Francisco Ribeiro Todorov is a partner in Tauil & Chequer in association with Mayer Brown in Brasília's office and the head of the firm’s Brazil Antitrust group.
He focuses on several areas of competition law, including merger control filings, cartel investigations, abuse of dominance, negotiations of leniency agreements and termination of practice, antitrust litigation regarding CADE decisions and general consulting in the area.
He is recognized by directories and publications such as Chambers and Partners, GCR, Who's Who Legal, Análise Advocacia 500, Latin Lawyer 250, LACCA Approved and Legal 500 as one of the leaders in Antitrust in Brazil. He is also a pro bono professor of Competition Law at Universidade de Brasília Law School.
- Advised clients from different industries before the competition and other government authorities, including the pharmaceutical, consumer goods, food, packaging, infrastructure, oil and gas, energy and telecommunications industries.
- American Bar Association
- IBRAC (Brazilian Institute of Studies on Competition, Consumer Affairs and International Trade)
- Voluntary Professor of Competition Law, Law School from Universidade de Brasília
- Recognized by Chambers & Partners Brazil as Band 2 in Competition/Antitrust, 2022-2023
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil 2023 as Excellent in Competition/Antitrust (Merger Control)
- Recognized by Leaders League Brazil as Excellent in Competition/Antitrust (Antitrust Investigations), 2022-2023
- Recognized by Latin Lawyer 250 2023 in Competition/Antitrust
- "Francisco Todorov – His personalized service and business knowledge makes our work much easier and gives us a very important productivity gain. He is a antitrust lawyer who provides fresh strategic information.” – The Legal 500, 2023
- Recognized by WWL National 2022 as Recommended in Competition
- Recognized by WWL Global 2022 as Recommended in Competition
- "He is the mastermind of the team, very knowledgeable and renowned in the antitrust market”. Another client observes: "He is very experienced; we feel very safe with his guidance. He is always very available and accessible." – Chambers Brazil, 2022
- Francisco Todorov is widely respected and impresses his clientele for his assertive advice. "Todorov is excellent. He is practical and very objective," a client says, adding: "He does not sugar-coat it, he points out the real risks to properly prepare the client; he is never on the fence, and that is one of the things that sets him apart. "Another interviewee says: "He is an authority in competition matters and contributes effectively to our business. "Clients benefit from his advice on merger filings, compliance and anti-competitive investigations.- Chambers Brazil, 2021
- Interviewees recommend partner Francisco Todorov as "a highly technical lawyer who is attentive to the client, detail-oriented and very clear in his ideas," and the same source adds that "his performance defending cases before CADE inspires confidence." Another impressed commentator believes that "Francisco is a very dedicated senior partner who has a robust practice." Clients benefit from his advice on merger filings, compliance and anti-competitive investigations. - Chambers Latin America, 2021
- Recognized by Leaders League 2021 in Merger Control
- Recognized by Leaders League 2021 Cartel Damage Claims
- Recognized by Leaders League 2021 in Antitrust Investigations
- Todorov’s arrival at the end of 2019 raises the practice prominence to a higher level. A prominent antitrust practitioner, Todorov was a leader in his previous firm having a prominent role in its executive committee. He also served briefly as Baker McKenzie’s global head of antitrust. Todorov now leads the team here adding superb power to its experience and proven track-record on high-profile cases. – Latin Lawyer, 2020
- "He is very combative and has a very strategic outlook from both the business and legal point of view," says a client, who adds: "I appreciate working with him since I feel he really looks after my company." – Chambers Latin America, 2020
- Francisco Ribeiro Todorov comes highly recommended as “a star performer in Brazil” and “clearly one of the finest”. Sources remark, “His assessment on any antitrust matter is rigorous, serious and valuable.” – Who's Who Competition, 2020
- "Francisco Ribeiro Todorov heads the practice, which maintains a strong workload for major global companies" – GCR 100
- Francisco Ribeiro Todorov comes highly recommended as “a star performer in Brazil” and “clearly one of the finest”. Sources remark, “His assessment on any antitrust matter is rigorous, serious and valuable.” - Who's Who Legal Brazil, 2019
- Francisco Todorov is recognized in the categories Global Leader Competition, National Leader Brazil Thought Leader Brazil – Who's Who Legal, 2019
- Recognized by LACCA Thought Leaders 2019 in Antitrust
- Recognized by the Análise Advocacia in 7 different categories, among them for his performance Tier 1 in Competition practice and representation in Brasilia.