Renan Sona Silva is an associate in the Regulatory practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the São Paulo office. He has experience in the development of infrastructure projects, assisting companies on the structuring of new projects as well as during competitive bids. His experience comprises the defense of companies before regulatory agencies and other public authorities. He has recognized experience in the legal structuring of concession projects and public-private partnerships, as well as in privatization processes and in investments related to the different infrastructure sectors (transportation, ports, airports, railways, basic sanitation and solid waste).
Renan has experience advising companies in sectors such as construction, logistics, transportation and other varied public service concessionaires. He is also recognized for representing companies in the renegotiation of contracts and revaluation of commercial aspects, sale and purchase of infrastructure assets (especially energy projects, ports, airports, roads and water).
- Represented a consortium on the public auction No. 02/2011, carried out by the National Civil Aviation Agency – ANAC, regarding the public concession of the international airports of Guarulhos-SP, Campinas-SP and Brasília-DF. The consortium won the concession of one of the airports.
- Represented the world's leading airport operator by numbers of passengers on the public auction No. 01/2013, carried out by the National Civil Aviation Agency –ANAC, to grant the concession of the international airports of Galeão-RJ and Confins-MG.
- Advised the concessionaire responsible to manage and operate one of the largest airports in Brazil on issues related to the signing of the concession agreement and the concession’s first steps, reviewed relevant contracts entered into by the concessionaire and carried a due diligence compliance review.
- Represented a large company which operates in the transportation infrastructure segment in Brazil and abroad on the bidding process for a public-private partnership of the Tamoios Highway, a toll road in the State of São Paulo, carried out by the Regulatory Agency of Transportation of the State of São Paulo – ARTESP.
- Represented a large company which operates in the transportation infrastructure segment in Brazil and abroad on five bidding processes to grant the concession of five Federal Highways in Brazil. Also advised the company on signing of the concession agreement of one of the concessions and on the concessionaire’s incorporation procedure.
- Advised a Concessionaire in connection with Public Law issues arising from a public-private partnership contract entered into with Rio de Janeiro Port Region Urban Development Company (Companhia de Desenvolvimento Urbano da Região do Porto do Rio de Janeiro – CDURP). The concessionaire is responsible for the maintenance, conservation and revitalization of a 5-million-square-meter area.
- Represented large and mid-sized construction companies on the development of studies in connection with Procedures to Express Interest (procedimentos de manifestação de interesse) related to different areas such as public lightning network, urban mobility, airports, waste management, sanitation, urban development and revitalization projects and administrative centers.
- Represented a large construction company on the bidding process for a public-private partnership to build and operate line No. 6 (orange line) of the São Paulo metro system. The consortium integrated by this company won the public-private partnership.
- Represented a major trading company on the bidding No. 001/2011, carried out by the Maranhão State Port Authority (Empresa Maranhense de Administração Portuária – EMAP), to grant a lease contract of an area in the port of Itaqui, the second largest port in liquid bulk handling in Brazil.
Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV/SP), Advanced Degree in Administrative Law
Universidade de São Paulo , Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)