ChenYang Sia is an associate in the London office of Mayer Brown's Banking & Finance practice. He graduated from the University of Warwick and joined the firm as a trainee in 2016. He completed seats in finance, corporate and construction & engineering. He was also seconded to Wells Fargo for six months and sat with the legal team.
ChenYang's principal areas of focus include leveraged finance, asset-backed lending and fund finance.
Chen Yang’s recent transactions include:
- Acting for Permira Debt Managers as lenders for the acquisition of LDC’s majority stake in Away Resorts, a holiday park operator, by Bregal Freshstream.
- Acting for Francisco Partners on the debt facilities for their acquisition of Danish IT-solutions provider EG from majority owner Axcel for DKK 3.7 billion (GBP 425 million).
- Acting for Francisco Partners on the acquisition of LiveU Ltd, an Israel-based manufacturer and provider of cutting-edge live broadcasting equipment and portable video-over-cellular solutions.
- Acting for MUFG as lender to a revolving credit facility provided to a series trust fund established in the Cayman Islands with shares in a Luxembourg SPV as part of the collateral package.
- Acting for Permira Debt Managers as lenders for the acquisition of The Travel Chapter Group, a leading UK holiday letting agency by ECI Partners.
- Acting for Five Arrows Principal Investments on the refinancing of the equity bridge relating to their acquisition of Centric Health Holdings Limited, a provider of primary care in Ireland.
University of Warwick, LLB
- England and Wales