Nora Shafie is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of Mayer Brown’s New York office. Nora focuses her practice on corporate matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions. She represents both sellers and purchasers of domestic, foreign and multinational businesses in complex public and private mergers, stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures and strategic alliances. Nora’s practice spans a variety of industries with a particular focus on retail products, life sciences and insurance.
- Represented Nestlé S.A in $1.55 billion sale of Gerber Life Insurance Company.
- Represented Nestlé S.A in $7.15 billion perpetual license and acquisition of global marketing, sale and distribution rights of certain products from Starbucks Corporation.
- Represented Nestlé S.A. in $2.8 billion sale of U.S. confectionary business to Ferrero Group.
- Represented Nestlé Health Science in a licensing and collaboration transaction with Codexis, Inc. pursuant to which NHS will have the option to obtain exclusive worldwide rights to certain proprietary enzymes for the management of phenylketonuria and other uses, as well as a concurrent collaboration agreement between the parties relating to the discovery of therapeutic enzymes.
- Represented CIBC and its subsidiary Atlantic Trust in their acquisition of Geneva Advisors, an asset management firm with approximately $8.4 billion under management
University of Maryland, BA
Georgetown University Law Center, JD
- New York