Ian Roebuck is labelled a "brilliant lawyer" by market sources, who commend his "good technical ability."Chambers Asia Pacific (2020)
Ian Roebuck is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Singapore office and is a member of the firm’s Global Finance Practice.
Ian has more than 16 years’ experience advising global and regional banks and financial institutions, private credit funds, private equity sponsors and borrowers on complex cross border debt financings in South East Asia, India and Europe. He has a particular focus on acquisition and leveraged finance and fund finance and also has significant experience advising clients on structured and corporate lending, margin lending and special situations and restructuring transactions. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Ian practiced in the Singapore and London offices of a magic circle law firm.
Ian is ranked in Chambers & Partners 2020 (Asia Pacific edition) for banking & finance transactions, with market sources labelling him as a “brilliant lawyer” with “good technical ability”. He is also ranked as a Next Generation Partner for banking & finance transactions by Legal 500 2020 (Asia Pacific edition) and labelled a “very good lawyer” in that publication, and is also listed as “well regarded” in the Indian Business Law Journal 2020 for his work on India related financing transactions. Ian has also been recommended for banking and finance transactions and noted as a next generation banking lawyer in Legal 500 2017 (Asia Pacific edition) and in Legal 500 2018 (Asia Pacific edition).
The College of Law, LPC
University of Durham, LLB
First Class Honours
- England and Wales
- Well regarded – India Business Law Journal (2020)
- Leading Individual - Banking & Finance: International, Singapore – Chambers Asia Pacific (2020, 2021)
- Next Generation Partner - Banking and Finance: Foreign Firms, Singapore – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2020, 2021)
- Next Generation Lawyer - Banking and Finance: Foreign Firms, Singapore – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017 and 2018)
- Recognised as a “Name to Know” in the 2018 edition of Global Restructuring Review’s profile of leading figures in Singapore’s restructuring and insolvency market