"Linda brings her extensive experience and strong strategy, negotiating and drafting skills to each engagement."Chambers USA
Linda Rhodes is a partner in Mayer Brown's Washington DC office in the firm’s Technology & IP Transactions practice and co-leader of Mayer Brown’s Connected and Autonomous Vehicles group. She has over 30 years of experience representing clients on complex commercial transactions, with a primary focus on technology transactions, including digital transformation, data, software, outsourcing.
Linda has extensive experience in the following digital transformation, data and software matters:
- cloud computing, including appropriate privacy, data protection, data use and licensing terms for cloud contracts;
- big data, data analytics and licensing agreements;
- software development and licensing;
- artificial intelligence (AI) and robotic process automation;
- systems integrations; and
- hosting and data center agreements.
Linda has represented clients in wide variety of industries in global technology and business process outsourcing transactions of all types including:
- managed network, application development and maintenance, help desk and desktop services, enhanced security and other complex IT outsourcing;
- HR, finance and accounting, procurement, benefits administration and other complex business process outsourcing;
- re-structuring and re-negotiating outsourcing transactions;
- termination, in-sourcing and re-sourcing;
- transition services agreements in connection with acquisitions and divestitures; and
- other strategic sourcing relationships.
She has substantial experience in leading contract negotiations, bringing complex transactions to successful closure and effectively managing the international aspects of global transactions.
Linda is ranked by Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in the field of “Technology and Outsourcing”. Chambers USA states that she “regularly negotiates complex service agreements and outsourcing deals as part of her impressive technology transactions practice.” Clients note that Linda "has a great understanding of her clients' risk tolerance," "is singled out for her 'hard-working, diligent' attitude," "adds incredible value and is astonishing in her productivity," and is "highly regarded for her 'direct, astute, fast, responsive and efficient' client service."
Linda joined Mayer Brown in 2000. Previously, she was a partner with another large international law firm.
Linda is a regular contributor to Mayer Brown’s Tech Talks Podcast, which provides insight on legal issues relating to technology & IP transactions and touches on relevant and timely topics.
The College of William & Mary, BBA
University of Virginia School of Law, JD
- District of Columbia