Linda Rhodes has over 30 years of experience representing clients on complex commercial transactions, with a primary focus on technology transactions, including digital transformation, data, software, outsourcing and connected and autonomous vehicles. She is a co-founder and a co-leader of the firm’s Connected & Autonomous Vehicles group.
Linda has extensive experience in the following digital transformation, data and software matters:
- cloud computing, including appropriate privacy, data protection, data use and licensing terms for cloud contracts;
- big data, data analytics and licensing agreements;
- software development and licensing;
- artificial intelligence (AI) and robotic process automation terms and conditions;
- systems integrations; and
- hosting and data center agreements.
Linda has represented clients in wide variety of industries in global technology and business process outsourcing transactions of all types including:
- managed network, application development and maintenance, help desk and desktop services, enhanced security and other complex IT outsourcing;
- HR, finance and accounting, procurement, benefits administration and other complex business process outsourcing;
- re-structuring and re-negotiating outsourcing transactions;
- termination, in-sourcing and re-sourcing;
- transition services agreements in connection with acquisitions and divestitures; and
- other strategic sourcing relationships.
She represents global automotive trade groups in research and development of innovative, life-saving technology, commercial technology transactions and global strategy, as well as global automotive manufacturers in connection with their technology supplier relationships.
She has substantial experience in leading contract negotiations, bringing complex transactions to successful closure and effectively managing the international aspects of global transactions.
Linda is ranked by Chambers USA as a leading lawyer in the field of “Technology and Outsourcing,” 2010 – 2019. Clients note that Linda "'has been incredible,' particularly highlighting her drafting skills and ability to explain complex concepts," "is singled out for her 'hard-working, diligent' attitude," "adds incredible value and is astonishing in her productivity," and is "highly regarded for her 'direct, astute, fast, responsive and efficient' client service."
Linda joined Mayer Brown in 2000. Previously, she was a partner with another large international law firm.
University of Virginia School of Law, JD
The College of William & Mary, BBA
- District of Columbia