Christopher Pochon is a Corporate & Securities associate in Mayer Brown's Chicago office. He focuses his practice on domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, as well as corporate governance matters. He also structures and negotiates co-investments, joint ventures and other investment opportunities on behalf of real estate investment funds. Christopher has represented public and privately-held companies in a variety of industries, including financial institutions, private equity firms, real estate funds, and fintech companies.
Christopher received his JD from Harvard Law School in 2013, where he also served as executive editor of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy. He received a BA in political science from Amherst College in 2007 and MA in Middle East studies from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in Israel in 2010.
- Represented Wells Fargo in a variety of matters, including the disposition of its commercial insurance business, the sale of its payroll services business to ADP, and the sale of its Puerto Rico-based auto lending business to Popular, Inc.
- Represented Auto Lenders Liquidation Center, Inc. in connection with the sale of its automotive sales and finance business to a private equity firm.
- Represented Guild Mortgage Company in its acquisition of Residential Mortgage Services, Inc., a leading residential mortgage originator in the Northeastern US.
- Represented PGIM, Inc. in connection with its acquisition of several real estate investment trusts (REITs) holding multifamily residential properties located in Texas, North Carolina, Florida and Tennessee.
- Represented Knox Capital Holdings in connection with the recapitalization of HaystackID, a leading provider of cyber discovery and legal due diligence services, by Quad-C Management, Inc.
- Represented Envestnet, Inc. in its acquisition of FolioDynamix, a provider of financial advisory software to financial institutions and registered investment advisors.
- Represented Equity International in connection with its investments in Acosta Verde (a developer of shopping malls throughout Mexico) and Advance Real Estate (a leading developer and manager of industrial real estate in central Mexico).
- Represented investors in connection with a joint venture to buy, develop and manage data centers throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
Amherst College, BA
Harvard Law School, JD
Executive Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, MA
- Ohio (inactive)