Amanda Plowden is a senior associate in the Commercial Dispute Resolution practice of the London office. She advises and acts for clients on high value and complex litigation and arbitration matters in a variety of commercial contexts, involving multiple parties and jurisdictions. She has experience of handling disputes all the way up to and through trial, and worked on one of the highest profile Commercial Court cases of 2014 (UBS v KWL).
Amanda is currently on client secondment to the global investigations team of HSBC Bank plc where she advises on complex investigation matters, both internal and regulator led. Amanda was also previously seconded to HSBC Bank Plc where she advised on the legal aspects of the anti-money laundering and sanctions review being undertaken by an independent monitor. This included visiting the bank’s operations on site in both Jersey and Bermuda.
- Acting for one of two defendant law firms in a substantial Commercial Court claim alleging professional negligence in relation to PPP arrangements for the maintenance and renewal of the London Underground. Amanda saw this matter through from commencement of proceedings all the way through to settlement.
- Acting on a high profile Commercial Court claim for a global financial institution in a claim brought against a water supply company and two intermediation banks relating to credit default swaps and single tranche collateralised debt obligations.
- Acting in an ICC arbitration for an energy company regarding the sale and purchase of emission reduction units.
- Acting for a chemicals company in a breach of warranty claim, brought by a purchaser of one of its manufacturing companies under a Sale Purchase Agreement.
- Acting for a major publishing house in a claim brought by one of their authors, as a litigant in person, for breach of contract and misrepresentation.
The College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course
The College of Law, Guildford, Graduate Diploma in Law
The University of Sheffield, BA (Hons) English Language and Literature
- England and Wales
- Solicitor Advocate with Higher Rights of Audience (Civil)