Justin Ilhwan Park is a partner in Mayer Brown’s Washington DC office, where he is a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution, Intellectual Property and Korea practices. Justin handles litigation and arbitration involving various domestic and international matters and for Korean companies including SK Hynix, Hyundai Mobis, Hyundai Corporation, LG Display, E-land, and Korean Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mr. Park is natively fluent in Korean, having attended law schools in both the United States and in Korea.
- Represented Korea’s largest automobile parts manufacturer in multiple patent infringement lawsuits.
- Represented a one of the largest international retailers (Forever 21) in lawsuits alleging patent and copyright infringement.
- Represented a Korean semiconductor company against Toshiba and SanDisk in a multi-national lawsuit which plaintiffs have asserted to be the largest trade secret case in the world.
- Represented foreign insurance company against claims brought by liquidators of the largest “feeder funds” to Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, LLC.
- Represented foreign insurance company against “claw-back” claims brought by the trustee of the Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, LLC.
- Represented one of the largest Korean insurance company pursue claims against an international reinsurance company.
- Represented the Korean Deposit Insurance Corporation to pursue various fraud related claims in connection with an international embezzlement scheme.
- Represented one of the most prominent distributors of hair goods in trademark infringement lawsuits and related proceedings.
University of Minnesota Law School, JD
Korea University, LLB
- District of Columbia
- US District Court for the Central District of California